– Deseret News, Nov. 5, 1994
What ever the demands, technical or expressive-he met them in smoothly virtuosic fashion.
– Salt Lake Tribune, July 28, 1990
Zalkind’s sure-footedness…led one patron to blurt out, “that’s impossible”.
– International Trombone Association, October, 2002
Zalkind’s performance is a demonstration of power, flexibility, and creativity at the highest level.
– Sarasota Herald Tribune, January 10, 1998
Zalkind went…to mind-blowing pyrotechnics on his instrument.
– The Macon Telegraph
Utah Symphony Trombonist Larry Zalkind proved to be every bit the artist as the great Dorsey.
– International Trombone Association Journal, Fall 1998
He presented these works entirely from memory, and displayed a combination of flawless technique and wonderful musicality.
– Salt Lake Desert News
Incredible tone and amazing technique.
– Salt Lake Tribune, November 7, 1994
…and Zalkind, without a score, played what the composer described as his “mist technically difficult” composition with dazzling skill and phenomenal grace. It was a class act: Brilliance without flamboyance.
– Salt Lake Tribune, July 23, 1988
Mr. Larry Zalkind took all out breaths away with his astounding solo.
– Deseret News, July 27, 1990
…displayed incredible fluidity and control.
– Salt Lake Tribune, July 22, 1989
Displayed an astounding display of virtuosity.
– International Trombone Association; June, 2009
a truly special performance of the Rouse Trombone Concerto performed by Larry Zalkind. The challenging work was played with consummate musicality and breathtaking technique by the veteran soloist, who mixed power and subtlety in a beautiful rendition of the rarely performed piece.